Pages

Sunday 22 January 2012

If confusion is the first step to knowledge, I must be a genius…



2012 – A fresh year, fresh start, and fresh ideas - Or, at least, fresh motivation to finally get on manifesting the past-fresh ideas that recurrently roll about in this pretty skull of mine - one of which is to start blogging. I did a fair amount of writing while I was overseas to keep the folks at home informed of my adventures and I’ve toyed with the idea of getting back to writing for some time now.

So what shall I write about?

I’m a mid-30s, single, sassy lady with a wry, witty and sometimes dark sense of humour; I can tell a good story and have the great ability to make people laugh.  I’d like to write about the adventures and misadventures of my daily travels and dating life – or lack thereof – rants, raves and anything and everything in between.

Besides getting these first words down, I’ve spent  far too many hours over the past week picking a venue on which to post this literary journey of mine, choosing a name, which I thought would be the bigger challenge – until I started passing hours fiddling with templates and themes and trying to figure this whole thing out. And then there was getting down to writing this intro…   

So needless to say, The Madcap Meandering of a Modern-Day Flapper is a work in progress that will come with a lot of cursing along the way, but as I always say: my potty mouth is part of my charm.


The first step binds one to the second.  - French proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment